Monday, March 12, 2018

Development of Production Skills

Throughout this project, our teams production skills greatly improved. Since most of us went into this project with almost no production skills, every step of the production process was a learning experience.

I've learned much about the film industry, specifically within the superhero genre. I've had to do lots of research into the marketing of films that I previously didn't know. I looked into the differences between digital distribution and physical distribution. I hadn't considered how much the evolution of digital distribution has changed the film industry. Film has been around for much longer than the internet, however we often don't consider how our use of it manipulates other industries and how they appeal to us. I now have a better understanding of how to distribute a service such as a film and have an improved skill in this factor of the industry.

I also have developed a stronger skill with my understanding of how the audience views a story. Within the writing of our script for our film, I thought I had a strong understanding of what scenes and what shots can portray certain emotions and tones to the audience. I do believe that I did have a solid understanding of this, however I certainly have a stronger one now than before. I now know what certain film techniques are called and what they can convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment